Microsoft’s Crisis Communication Power App
We held a special power hour this week, detailing and demonstrating a new, FREE download. This is a solution developed and just rolled out by Microsoft. It is a Power App that involves SharePoint, Teams, and Power Automate, which is used for company communication during the global COVID-19 crisis. To learn more, check out my demo of the Crisis Communication App.
Microsoft’s blog post: Crisis Communication: a Power Platform template
Download all the files you’ll need: Crisis Communication Solution
The full instructions to install the solution: Set up and learn about the Crisis Communication sample template in Power Apps
Here is my walk-through video of the end result, and then the full installation, which entails creating a SharePoint site, creating a Team, importing the two Power Apps, importing a couple of Flows, and configuring all of the settings in all the right places, to make the solution fully functional.
Here are a few of my favorite parts of this solution, things that you’ll learn when you peek inside and try it out:
- Create a flow that creates several SharePoint lists and libraries with all of the needed columns.
- Create a query string parameter
- Use components in Power Apps for navigation, search and several other things.
- Use flow to post to Teams
- Embed a Power App and a Power BI report in Teams
- Learn how to create a responsive Power App.
It also worth to mention there is SharePoint site template that can support it 😉
“site template”? That’s not a thing anymore. What exactly are you referring to?
I refer to the site template provided by Microsoft LookBook.