Wow, what a whirlwind of a week it was last week! For those of you who were there, you probably felt overwhelmed with the large number of exciting updates and innovations, not only in SharePoint, but across the board!
I’ll list a few Microsoft articles and resources here, pertaining to all of the new stuff:
- NEW SharePoint hub sites in Office 365
- Connecting the modern workplace with SharePoint and OneDrive: Announcements at Ignite 2017
- Updating content management for the cloud
- PowerApps Q3 update: Customize SharePoint list forms with PowerApps and many more enhancements
- Refine your message and increase your reach with SharePoint communication sites
- New features of Microsoft Forms Sept 2017
- Office 365 Roadmap – (Continuously updated)
- Microsoft Teams – A new vision for intelligent communications in Office 365
- Hundreds of sessions from the conference on demand (narrowed down a little for you)
Microsoft Teams was the “sweetheart” of the conference, at least from my point of view. I wrote a post almost a year ago, introducing Teams: How to use the new Microsoft Teams. It has come quite a ways since then. There have been a lot of updates announced, which will (in my opinion) improve the way we work day-to-day with teams of people. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it. There’s even an app for your phone.
Amidst this plethora of really awesome SharePoint improvements, I was honored to be part of the group of MVP Community Reporters that Microsoft selected. We had a lot of meetings ahead of time, and did a lot of planning as far as when and what our segments would entail. The live show all day on 9/25 was pretty intense, and a lot of fun! We did a lot of segments and interviews throughout the week as well. We bonded. Here’s a playlist that I compiled of my favorites. Check out Microsoft Tech Community and Microsoft Ignite on YouTube to see all of them, as well as all of the breakout sessions from the conference! Below is my whole playlist, embedded (12 videos):
Also, if you would like to download all of the sessions, there’s a script for that: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Ignite-2016-Slidedeck-and-296df316
One more thing! I re-launched my SharePoint training site, https://www.iwmentor.com. It’s on a whole new platform, with interactive lessons, subscription based training, and a good bit of free, introductory content. You can even use your LinkedIn credentials to create your own free account!
On my 10/4/17 Power Hour, I will be doing a recap of all of the exciting (mostly SharePoint) announcements from all of the links above. Come join me and jump into the slack channel to be a part of the conversation! (see video description for links)